Milton Man Charged With Street Racing
A Milton man is facing a stunt driving charge after allegedly street racing near Guelph.
The driver was pulled over on Feb. 17 at 2 a.m.
That’s when a Wellington County OPP officer was monitoring traffic on Wellington Rd. 7 in the Ponsonby area.
A man driving a newer model sedan at a speed that appeared to be well above the posted 80 km/h speed limit was spotted by an officer, said Const. Joshua Cunningham.
The vehicle was clocked at more than 130 km/h, police allege, exceeding the posted speed limit by at least 50 km/h.
The man’s driver’s licence and car were seized for seven days.
Muhammad Abrar Aslam, 33, is charged with race a motor vehicle under the Highway Traffic Act.
He’s scheduled to appear in Guelph court on April 4.
- Starbucks Selling Spooky New Limited Edition Frappuccino in Halton
- Here's the Latest With Oakville's Glen Abbey Golf Course
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Oakville
- Some Halton Drivers Could be Compensated After Being Scammed by Major Car Companies
- Police Investigating Oakville Break-and-Enter Spree
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
- Police Say Driver Caught Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Milton
- Driver Charged For Drinking and Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed Down Burlington Roadway
- Police Nab Driver Breaking Speed Limit in Burlington