Milton Man ID'd as Victim in Fatal Crash
A 58-year-old Milton man has been identified as the victim in a fatal Mississauga crash and Peel police are asking witnesses to come forward.
“No charges have been laid yet,” said Const. Harinder Sohi.
Emergency crews were dispatched to Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. - that’s just north of Courtneypark Dr., close to the Brampton-Mississauga border - at 6:55 a.m. on June 28.
A black Kia travelling southbound on Hurontario St. was turning left onto Ambassador, colliding with a grey Ford pickup truck heading north.
Dale Leneve was riding in the front passenger seat of the Kia and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The driver of the Kia had to be extricated. He suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a Toronto trauma centre.
The Ford driver received minor injuries. He was taken to a local hospital.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton