Milton receives low ranking for average wait time at walk-in clinics
A study was recently released by an online resource and app called Medimap, which allows users to check the wait times at their local walk-in clinics.
The study revealed that Milton is ranked among the bottom five when it comes to wait times in cities across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
According to the report, statistics found that less than half (or only 42 per cent) of Canadians saw a doctor or nurse on the same day or next day the last time they required medical care.
“This means they are turning to other health care facilities like emergency rooms, for non-emergent situations,” said CEO and Founder of Medimap, Blake Adam.
The report also referenced the Commonwealth Fund Report, which states that "Canada’s health-care system ranks amongst the lowest-performing countries in relation to access to care, placing third-last in the developed world."
According to the Medimap study, with data findings based on averages taken from November 1, 2018 - October 31, 2019, Brampton ranked fifth in terms of worst cities for walk-in clinic wait times across the GTA.
The average wait time in Milton is 24 minutes, ranking it fourth in the bottom five cities for longest walk-in clinic wait times.
The bottom five cities for longest walk-in clinic wait times across the GTA were:
5. Brampton - 18 minutes
4. Milton - 24 minutes
3. Aurora - 24 minutes
2. Newmarket - 27 minutes
1. Whitby - 34 minutes
The city with the longest wait time in Ontario was Kingston, averaging at about 77 minutes.
For more information, visit www.medimap.ca or by checking out the mobile app.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic
- A no-wait walk-in clinic is now open in Oakville
- You Can Now Find Wait Times Info Online for Surgeries and Procedures
- Here's Why You'll Have to Wait for Town Square Redevelopment in Milton
- COVID-19 death toll risen by 333 per cent in health care facilities: report
- Study Gives Air Canada Poor Ranking on Flight Delays