Milton to provide funding to several community organizations
This past Monday, Milton’s Town Council approved a motion that will provide more funding to various community organizations around town.
The 2019 Milton Community Fund will provide a total of $258,840 to 35 local organizations throughout Milton.
Several of these organizations include not for profit organizations that provide Milton residents greater access to recreation, arts, and cultural programs and activities.
"In addition to delivering much-needed funding, the Community Fund serves as an opportunity for us to build sustainable partnerships in our community to improve the quality of life for many residents," Mayor Gord Krantz said in a news release.
"The Town of Milton is committed to supporting initiatives that connect the local community,” he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Halton Environmental’s Twitter
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Researchers working on a test to identify those who are immune to COVID-19
- Ford says ‘patience has run thin’ with low numbers of COVID-19 tests in Ontario
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington