Milton to provide funding to several community organizations
This past Monday, Milton’s Town Council approved a motion that will provide more funding to various community organizations around town.
The 2019 Milton Community Fund will provide a total of $258,840 to 35 local organizations throughout Milton.
Several of these organizations include not for profit organizations that provide Milton residents greater access to recreation, arts, and cultural programs and activities.
"In addition to delivering much-needed funding, the Community Fund serves as an opportunity for us to build sustainable partnerships in our community to improve the quality of life for many residents," Mayor Gord Krantz said in a news release.
"The Town of Milton is committed to supporting initiatives that connect the local community,” he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Halton Environmental’s Twitter
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Significant snow in the forecast for Halton
- Police investigating theft of Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents