Milton will now help with animal calls on private property


Published July 18, 2023 at 2:48 pm

Milton residents having an issue with wildlife in distress on their private property can now get help from Animal Services Officers, for a fee.

In an effort to provide humane, affordable, and efficient wildlife services throughout the community, the Town will support residents who call about wildlife in distress and assistance service requests beginning in August.

For $50, residents can call Municipal Law Enforcement at 905-878-7252, ext. 2322, or contact them through the Town’s website, to have Animal Services Officers respond to calls for wildlife on private property.

The program was adopted at last night’s Town Council meeting and the user fee will be reviewed by councillors in six months.

The response time for wildlife requests on private property may be up to 72 hours depending on the nature of the request. Any requests received outside of regular business hours will be addressed the following business day.

inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising