Milton’s outstanding youth honoured for their contributions in several categories
Published May 5, 2023 at 12:07 pm
Seven young residents were among those recognized at last night’s awards ceremony honouring the 2023 Milton Youth Award winners.
The annual awards recognize the valuable contributions and positive impacts made to the community by local youth in Grades 7 to 12 and is a collaboration between the Town and the Milton Youth Task Force.
The 2023 Youth Award winners are:
- Rising Leader: Arnav Manchandra
- Artist of the Year: Minahil Ali
- Citizen of the Year: Aditi Kansal
- Change Maker of the Year: Ashiya Dewan
- Youth Supporter of the Year: Annie Lu
- Eco Activist of the Year (Presented by Milton Hydro): Arianna Chua
- Athlete of the Year: Ishan Sharma
- Youth Champion of the Year: Arianna Chua
- Youth Group of the Year: Halton Multicultural Council Connections
“A heartfelt congratulation to this year’s recipients who have all demonstrated a commitment to their community by driving meaningful and positive change,” said Milton Mayor Gord Krantz.
“It’s always encouraging and heartwarming to see Milton youth shine and I wish our winners continued success in the years ahead.”
The winners were honoured during the awards ceremony held at the Milton Seniors’ Activity Centre on May 4. The Youth Awards ceremony was just one of the many activities taking place this week during National Youth Week, aimed at connecting and celebrating youth.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising