Mississauga, Brampton and Oakville grocery workers infected with COVID-19
Sobeys disclosed that several grocery workers at locations in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville and the Hamilton area tested positive for COVID-19 recently.
The grocery chain’s COVID-19 tracker shows that confirmed cases have occurred recently at the following locations in Southern Ontario:
- On Dec. 28, a case was confirmed in Mississauga at a FreshCo (7206 Goreway Dr.). The worker’s most recent shift was Dec. 23.
- Also on Dec. 28, a case was confirmed in Mississauga at another FreshCo location (2500 Hurontario St.). The worker had also last worked on Dec. 23.
- On Dec. 26 in Oakville, in an employee at a Sobeys (1500 Upper Middle Rd. W.). Their last shift had been on Dec. 20.
- On Dec. 26 in Hagersville, in a employee at Foodland (32 King St. E.). Their last shift had been on Dec. 20.
- On Dec. 24 in Brampton, in a employee at a FreshCo (12 Team Canada Dr.). Their most recent was on Dec. 18.
- On Dec. 23 in Beamsville, in an employee of a Sobeys (4610 Ontario St.). Their last shift was on Dec. 19.
- On Dec. 22 in Brampton, in a employee at a Sobeys (8975 Chinguacousy Rd.). Their most recent shift was on Dec. 20.
- On Dec. 22 in Grimsby, in a employee at a Sobeys (44 Livingston Ave.). Their most recent shift was on Dec. 19.
Several prominent chains, including Loblaw and McDonalds, no longer disclose when workers test positive for COVID-19.
Sobeys says leaves new cases on its tracker for 14 days from the date they are notified by a local public health unit. Employee names are not released.
“Where required, we will communicate with customers who have shopped in the impacted location, with store signage, outlining our steps to manage the situation,” the chain’s COVID-19 tracker site says.
The tracker is live at corporate.sobeys.com.