Mississauga, Hamilton and Halton GO bus riders face service changes this weekend
GO bus riders in Mississauga, Hamilton, Halton and the Niagara area should be aware of a few changes to bus routes this weekend due to the Honda Indy taking place in Toronto, officials with the transit agency say.
Metrolinx, which runs GO Transit, says several bus routes along the Lakeshore West line will be modified for most of the day on both Saturday and Sunday (July 16-17).
The temporary changes will allow GO “to move customers in and out of downtown Toronto as efficiently as possible during road closures on parts of Lake Shore Blvd. W.,” a Metrolinx spokesperson said in a news release.
Impacted bus routes are:
- eastbound GO bus route 16: trips will end at Aldershot GO station in Burlington, where passengers will be connected to Lakeshore West line trains to complete their eastbound trip. Westbound bus trips will begin at Aldershot GO
- eastbound GO bus routes 21 and 31: trips will end at Port Credit GO station in Mississauga, where passengers will be connected to eastbound trains to complete their trip. Westbound bus trips will begin at Port Credit GO
Metrolinx officials note that service alterations may be necessary from time to time as “events are starting to take centre stage once again after two years of pandemic restrictions.”
The Honda Indy Toronto returns to Exhibition Place this weekend after a two-year absence.
GO officials remind people they can purchase Indy admission/GO combo passes online in advance of race weekend.
Adult GO/Indy combination round trip tickets for Saturday or Sunday cost $55 to $65, and adult GO/Indy combination tickets for two days (Saturday and Sunday) costs $90.
Kids 12 and under can ride GO Transit for free and will also receive free general admission to the Indy with an event-ticketed adult.
For those who haven’t travelled with GO recently, here are some things to keep in mind:
- for customers using their PRESTO card this weekend, make sure you tap on and off each bus and train during your trip
- for customers using a weekend e-ticket, make sure to activate them before getting on board
- check latest schedules online ahead of time
- face masks on board buses and trains are optional