Mississauga Man Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking
A Mississauga man has been charged following alleged drug trafficking.
In September of this year members of the Maplehurst Correctional Complex Security Department began an internal investigation into the movement of narcotics through the Institution, police say.
According to police, on Sept. 24 a quantity of contraband, believed to be destined for inmates housed in the institution, was seized.
The Halton Regional Police Maplehurst Liaison Unit were contacted and continued the investigation.
Police say, the follow up investigation identified the person responsible.
On Oct. 17 detectives arrested the suspect without incident, according to police.
Police say the suspect was subsequently released on a promise to appear.
According to police, charged with three counts of alleged possession for the purpose of trafficking is 25-year-old Jeremiah Ellison of Mississauga.
Seized during the investigation was a combined 450 grams of marijuana, hashish and cocaine.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation can contact Detective Constable Matt Caldwell of the One District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2440.
- Two Oakville Residents Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Oakville Resident Charged Following Cocaine Trafficking Investigation
- Milton Resident Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Burlington Man is Charged With Drug Trafficking
- Burlington Man Charged With Drug Trafficking