More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
That windstorm was wild, scattering debris across Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
And we’re still cleaning up.
Halton Region is providing enhanced yard waste collection services following the May 4 storm to help to ensure branches and brush are removed.
“We want to make sure that all streets and neighbourhoods are safe and free of debris,” said Halton Regional chair Gary Carr.
“Our waste management crews and Halton waste management site staff are providing enhanced collection and disposal services to make clean up easier for residents.”
Halton Region will provide extra yard waste collection this weekend, from May 12 to May 13.
Residents are asked to place debris at the curbside by 7 a.m. on Saturday and crews will collect material throughout the weekend.
Please remember the following before placing yard waste or brush piles at the curbside:
- Curbside piles are to be arranged neatly with branches no wider than three inches in diameter and branches no longer than six feet.
- There’s no limit to the amount of over-sized brush or yard waste bags that can be placed at the curbside.
- Over-sized brush collection services are only for households that currently receive yard waste collection from Halton Region.
Halton residents may also dispose their yard waste free of charge at the Halton Waste Management Site starting May 8 until the end of day on June 3.
The site is located at 5400 Regional Road 25 in Milton.
Regular fees will continue to apply to commercial contractors.
For more information click here or call 311.
The Regional Municipality of Halton serves more than 550,000 residents in the city of Burlington, the towns of Oakville, Milton, and Halton Hills.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- Here's More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Oakville’s Fall Loose Leaf Collection
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Burlington’s Loose Leaf Collection
- Waste Fire Prompts Major Road Closures in Burlington