More Major Grocery Stores Now Sell Beer and Cider in Halton
If you like booze, you might be happy to know that several grocery stores now sell beer and cider in Halton. And recently, even more grocery stores made it onto that roster!
As of April 10, 2018, 87 more grocery stores sell beer and cider across Ontario.
Of those, five are located in Halton:
- Longo Brothers Fruit Markets, 2900 Walker’s Line
- Walmart, 2065 Fairview St.
- Walmart, 4515 Dundas St.
- Longo Brothers Fruit Markets, 1079 Maple Ave.
- Longo Brothers Fruit Markets, 338 Dundas St. E.
Now, there are over 350 grocery stores authorized to sell beer and cider - up to 70 of which can also sell wine.
This can be considered good news for both consumers and business owners.
“Every additional location for sales creates new opportunities for small beer and cider producers, whose products must represent at least 20 per cent of the beer and 20 per cent of the cider on display in grocery stores,” reads a recent release from the province.
“By law, grocers selling beer, cider or wine must have designated sales areas and operate within standard hours of sale, abide by limitations on package size and alcohol content, and meet staffing and social responsibility training requirements.”
Ultimately, beer and cider will be available in up to 450 grocery stores, including up to 300 that will also sell wine.
What do you think of beer, cider, and wine being sold at grocery stores in Halton?
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville