More Snow and Cold Weather Coming to Halton
We hope you enjoyed the brief respite from the cold, Halton, because it sadly must come to an end.
According to a recent report from the Weather Network, temperatures are set to fall below the freezing mark once again, with some light snow expected on Saturday morning.
“While parts of southern Ontario enjoyed its warmest day in weeks on Thursday, a significant interruption to the milder pattern comes this weekend as temperatures plunge below seasonal values once again,” the report says.
Temperatures are expected to remain a few degrees cooler than seasonal throughout the coming weekend, while a widespread 2-5 cm of snow is forecast early Saturday.
This is corroborated by Environment Canada’s weekend forecast for Halton Region, which calls for a high of only 1 degree Celsius and chances of flurries on Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday.
However, if you’ve had enough of the snow and cold, then rejoice — it looks like this may be the last bit of winter weather we get for the season.
“Later next week, milder air will make a return to kick off the official start to spring with an even milder trend expected for the first half of April,” the report concludes.
Forecast image via Environment Canada
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington