MOST WANTED: Male Suspect Wanted for Historical Sexual Assault in Burlington
It’s been just under 40 years.
An unidentified male suspect is still wanted by Halton Police following a sexual assault incident that took place in the City of Burlington.
Halton Police, along with the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the man wanted for this historical sexual assault.
According to police, on Dec. 15, 1980, in the night, a woman in her 30s was walking in the area of Nelson Street and Ontario Street.
The woman saw a man standing beside a parked vehicle on the opposite side of the street. The man started to walk parallel to the woman and eventually crossed the street.
Approaching the woman, the suspect asked if she wanted a ride home.
The woman declined the offer and continued to walk.
Within minutes, the man grabbed the victim and dragged her to a nearby yard where she was sexually assaulted.
The victim suffered physical injuries.
The suspect, according to police, was described as a white male, in his 30s, approximately 5’10” and weighing anywhere between 170 to 180 pounds.
The suspect had hooded eyelids, green or grey eyes and had medium brown hair that parted to the side and was longer in the back.
Police say the suspect was wearing a rust coloured mandarin-style jacket and a plaid shirt consisting of blue, grey, and cream colours. Police also say he was wearing blue jeans and plain black motorcycle style boots.
The vehicle the suspect was initially seen near what was described as a 1976 to 1978 dark blue Ford Granada.
The described vehicle may or may not be involved.
Anyone with information regarding the incident or the identity of the suspect is asked to contact the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit at 905 465-8970, Crime Stoppers at 1 800 222-TIPS(8477), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.com.
Anyone who has information regarding this case, or any other, is asked to call Regional Investigative Services at 905-825-4747 ext. 8760 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Sketch is courtesy of Halton Police.
- This 20-Unit Townhouse Development has Been Approved in Burlington
- Burlington Residents Pepper Sprayed and Robbed, Police Investigating
- Lanes Closed Due to Road Flooding in Oakville
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Police Seeking Suspect Vehicle in Connection with Oakville Sexual Assault
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Sex Assault Suspect Sought in Burlington