Motorcyclist in Custody After Reportedly Attempting to Flee Collision in Oakville
Police have one person in custody after a crash in Oakville early Sunday (August 4).
Around 1:00 a.m., officers responded to a report of a collision at the intersection of Speers Road and Fourth Line.
“The collision involved a westbound van driven by a 51-year-old Burlington man, and a northbound motorcycle driven by a 42-year-old Brampton man,” police say.
Police allege that the motorcycle failed to stop for the red light at the intersection and hit the driver’s side of the van.
“The driver of the motorcycle attempted to flee the scene, but was located a short time later by police and taken to hospital for the injuries he sustained in the collision.”
He is currently in stable condition.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
- Winning Maxmillions lotto ticket sold in Burlington
- 14-year-old facing 25 charges related to Halton robberies
- Struggling retailer closes its doors in Burlington
- Arrests made after several purses stolen from "older women" in Burlington, Oakville
- Police detect new substance posing overdose risk in Halton
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Motorcycle Collision In Oakville
- One Man in Hospital Following Motorcycle Collision in Burlington
- Police Report Serious Collision at Oakville Intersection
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision In Oakville
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Critical Condition Following Crash in Milton