Multi-Vehicle Hwy. 401 Crash Snarling Traffic at Milton Border
A multi-vehicle crash - which trapped at least one person - is causing major delays on Hwy. 401 in Mississauga and Milton on Thursday morning.
It involves “a couple of transport trucks, a couple of other passenger vehicles,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
All eastbound lanes at Winston Churchill Blvd. are blocked as of 8:15 a.m.
A person was extricated by firefighters and treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital.
“Injuries are unknown at this point,” said Schmidt.
Drivers will be forced off the 401, Schmidt added.
His detour suggestions?
“You can get off at Hwy. 407 before that, or get off at Trafalgar well before that and then take Steeles or Derry.”
Emergency crews remain on scene.
The reopening time is unknown.
Avoid the area.
- PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Crash at Milton Border Sends Three People to Hospital
- Five-Vehicle QEW Crash in Oakville Sends One Person to Hospital
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash Near Milton
- Emergency Crews on Scene of Multi-Vehicle Crash in Milton
- Highway 401 Closed Following Second Collision in Milton