NBA Finals to be Shown at Civic Square in Downtown Burlington
Here’s some great news for Burlington residents interested in watching the upcoming NBA Finals and cheering on the Raptors.
The city has announced that the downtown Civic Square next to City Hall will become “Burlassic Park” as it hosts a free viewing party for Games 1 and 2 of the NBA Finals, come rain or shine.
The Raptors are set to take on the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 on Thursday, May 30. The viewing party will start at 8:30 p.m.
The Game 2 viewing party will be on Sunday, June 2 starting at 7:30 p.m.
Mayor Marianne Meed Ward expressed excitement for the event and gave thanks to the city staff for pulling it together.
“The Toronto Raptors playing in its first-ever NBA Finals is our generation's moment. It's Canada's moment,” she said.
“I'm so glad we're able to bring this free, all ages, national celebration to our city. Bringing our community together to celebrate sports, arts and culture is just as important as the other things we do at the City of Burlington.”
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Man arrested after break-in at Burlington restaurant
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Province officially prohibiting gatherings of five or more people
- PHOTOS: Burlassic Park Returned to Civic Square in Burlington for Game 5 of the NBA Finals
- Road Closures to Watch Out For During NBA Viewing Parties in Burlington
- Here’s Where the Rest of the NBA Final Viewing Parties Will be Held in Burlington
- PHOTOS: Here’s What Burlington’s Civic Square Looked Like During the Toronto Raptors Game
- Burlington’s Burlassic Park is Changing Locations for Tonight’s NBA Final Game