New All-Way Stop Installed at Milton Intersection
Some Milton residents may be happy to learn that a new all-way stop was recently installed in the town.
According to the town's Facebook page, the all-way stop was installed at the intersection of Sauve Street and Menefy Place in Ward 3.
Residents in Ward 3, according to Mike Cluett, Halton Regional Councillor and Milton Ward 3 Councillor, were asking about a stop sign at this intersection during the last municipal campaign.
Cluett notes that the stop sign at this location was recently approved, and, as mentioned, has already been installed.
Residents and visitors have been advised to proceed with caution and to obey the new stop signs.
All-way stops, according to the town's website, have one main purpose - to control vehicle right-of-way at an intersection.
"They are not, as some might think, speed control devices," reads the town's website. "In fact, studies have shown that the installation of unwarranted all-way stops can lead to poor driver compliance, as drivers become accustomed to not meeting opposing traffic at these locations."
For more information, including information about how all-way stops are approved and installed in Milton, click here.
Are you happy to see this all-way stop installed?
Graphic is courtesy of the town of Milton's Facebook page.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CPA Canada hit by cyberattack, affecting data of more than 329,000 stakeholders
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Another All-Way Stop Has Been Installed at a Milton Intersection
- Could Another All-Way Stop be Coming to Milton?
- Vehicles failing to stop for stop signs results in police enforcement
- Changes Surrounding School Crossing Guards Coming to Milton in September
- Motorcycle Driver Sought After Failing to Stop for Police in Milton