New Apartment Complex Coming to Oakville
A new apartment complex is coming to Oakville.
According to a recent press release, the town received a complete application by 393 Dundas G.P. for a proposed official plan amendment and zoning by-law amendment.
A portion of the property will be designated Dundas Urban Core.
The policies of the Dundas Urban Core area allow for an 8-storey building and a maximum floor space index (FSI) of 2.5.
The goal of the proposed Official Plan Amendment is to allow a 10-storey building and an FSI of 2.69.
The lands are currently zoned by Zoning By-law 2009-189.
The purpose of the proposed Zoning By-law Amendment is to rezone the lands from Existing Development (ED) to Dundas Urban Core (DUC) and Natural Heritage System (NHS), subject to a site specific Special Provision to recognize the proposed layout and a Holding Provision.
The goal of the applications is to permit a 10-storey mixed use building containing 290 apartments and 275m2 of ground floor commercial space and 15 stacked townhouse dwellings.
The subject land is located on the north side of Dundas Street West, east of Gladeside Avenue and west of George Savage Avenue in Oakville.
If anyone wants to appeal this decision they must make an oral submission at a public meeting or make a written submission to the town clerk before the proposed official plan amendment is adopted or the by-law is passed.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s the Latest on What’s Happening with the Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville