New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Halton
There may be a new online scam going around the GTA, and it comes in the form of a rather convincing email.
The email starts off by indicating that your bank account was suspended after three attempts to login, in this case Scotiabank:
Then comes a warning that if verification has been made, then disregard, but if you don’t…
However, upon hovering over the link asking you to sign into your Scotiabank account to review, the URLreads as “http://ahmad.warnalangit.com”.
Obviously, if you are fully aware that you do not have a bank account with the particular financial institution on this email, then it’s best to delete it.
If you suspect you may be the victim of fraud or have been tricked into giving personal or financial information, contact your local OPP detachment at 1-888-310-1122 or the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court