New Housing Being Proposed Near Oakville Lakefront
Do you welcome development in Oakville or oppose it?
Either way, this may interest you.
Plans for a luxury housing development are being presented to Oakville residents on Oct. 17 at Town Hall.
Majestic Edge Estates Inc., located at 346 to 362 Lakeshore Rd. W., is proposing a subdivision with 19 new lots for single-detached homes fronting on a new public road.
The subject parcel of land is located on the south side, west of Shorewood Place.
At this time there are no other applications, under the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, pertaining to the subject land.
Currenty vacant, the previous home and accessory dwellings were demolished.
“The subject lands are located in the southwest area of Oakville, which is made up of predominantly low-density residential uses with a large number of luxury homes on larger lots, especially on the south side of Lakeshore Rd. W.,” reads the application.
“The area on the south side of Lakeshore Rd. W has been developed on what were formerly large lakefront estate lots into large, single detached lots on public and private cul-de-sacs.”
Residents are invited to attend and provide input at this public information meeting hosted by the Planning Services department.
The meeting is taking place on Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. in the Palermo Room.
The public may view planning documents and background material at the Planning Services department between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or on the development application page.
Questions can be directed to senior planner Paul Barrette at 905-845-6601 ext. 3041 (TTY 905-338-4200) or via e-mail: paul [dot] barrette [at] oakville [dot] ca
If you wish to be notified of the decision of the Town of Oakville on the proposed draft plan of subdivision, you must make a written request to the Town Clerk at the Town of Oakville, Clerk's department, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON L6H 0H3 or at TownClerk [at] oakville [dot] ca
Keep in mind, personal information accompanying your submission is being collected under the authority of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, and may form part of the public record which may be released to the public.
Screenshots via oakville.ca
- Massive Holiday Christmas Market Coming to Milton
- Suspect Charged After Woman Randomly Assaulted in Burlington
- Transit Around Sheridan College in Oakville Affected by Strike
- Police Investigating Apple Store Theft in Burlington
- Another Meat Theft in Burlington Has Police Beefing Up Search for Suspect
- Public Meeting in Oakville to Discuss Development at Glen Abbey
- Proposed Amendments to Oakville's Plans for Growth Open for Public Review
- Public Meeting in Oakville Will Address Glen Abbey Plans
- Town of Oakville Seeks Input From Residents
- Oakville Councillors Hear Proposed Road Re-Alignments for Midtown