Nominate a community champion making a difference in Oakville
Published March 29, 2023 at 10:23 am
Know someone who makes Oakville better, who is making a difference in our community?
Give the community champion the recognition they deserve by nominating them for the 2023 Oakville Community Spirit Awards.
The Community Spirit Awards (CSA) recognition program is back and residents are invited to nominate community champions who have made a significant difference in Oakville for a 2023 Community Spirit Award.
The town has refreshed things this year to include broader awards categories for people who contribute to the community through volunteer acts or kindness.
As well, with no event held last year as the town worked on improving the Spirit Awards, the past two years are being combined into one special event this year to honour those who “have gone about and beyond” in 2021 and 2022.
Recipients will be honoured at a special celebration on June 8, 2023 at the Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre. Décor has been sponsored by Gateman-Milloy Inc.
More details will be shared in May.
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, April 28 at 4 p.m. in the following award categories:
- Arts, Culture & Heritage Award – sponsored by The Oakville Beaver
- Climate Action Award – sponsored by FirstOntario Credit Union
- Good Neighbour Award – sponsored by Chartwell Retirement Residences
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility Award – sponsored by Access Abilities
- Inspiration Award – sponsored by RBC Royal Bank
- Leadership & Innovation Award – sponsored by Amica Senior Lifestyles
Nomination details are available for residents on the town’s website.
In January, Town staff provided Council with an update on how they were working to refresh the program, which has been recognizing individuals and groups since 2002.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising