Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
A fire has caused major disruptions at Pearson International Airport in Mississauga.
Pearson Airport just announced that all flights to the U.S. scheduled to depart from Terminal 1 have been cancelled.
Passengers scheduled to travel to the U.S. out of Terminal 1 tonight or tomorrow are being asked to contact their airline before leaving for the airport.
Earlier today (March 17), Peel police announced that emergency crews were called to respond to a fire in Terminal 1.
Passengers were evacuated from the affected area.
While the fire was extinguished, police said a significant amount of water and smoke was in the area. Paramedics say one woman was taken to hospital in stable condition, and another individual was treated at the scene.
Police say no one was seriously injured over the course of the incident.
Crews are working to clean up damage and restore normal operations at the airport.
UPDATE: Pearson says that outbound international and inbound arrivals processing at Terminal 1 has resumed.
“We thank passengers for their patience as we put safety first,” the airport said on Twitter.
Outbound US flights from T1 are cancelled tonight
Cover photo from Twitter user Rich Aucoin
- Police Searching for Parents After Lost Baby Found in Milton
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Road Closed for Serious Crash Involving Motorcycle in Milton
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing