Oakville Boy Facing Robbery Charge
An Oakville boy is facing charges in connection with a street-level robbery.
The incident took place on Dec. 9 just after 11 p.m.
Halton police were sent to Pine Glen Rd. and Postmaster Dr.
That’s where a male victim was walking when he was confronted by a group of six male youths.
One of the youths pulled an expandable baton and demanded the victim’s jacket.
The victim complied.
No one was injured.
The suspect was arrested on Dec. 14.
The boy, 14, is charged with robbery, utter threats, possession of weapons for dangerous purpose, possession of property obtained by crime, breach of recognizance.
His name is protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to contact Det. Barry Malciw of the Oakville criminal investigations bureau - robbery team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2218. Tips can be forwarded to Crime Stoppers; “See Something, Hear Something, Say Something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.crimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Police Looking for 21 Year old Burlington Man
- Halton Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Missing 95-Year-Old Man
- It's Going To Feel Very Hot And Humid Soon
- Suspect Sought After Merchandise Stolen From Fortinos in Burlington
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020