Oakville Council to get Diversity and Inclusion update
Oakville Town Council will be receiving a report at Tuesday night’s (August 9) meeting highlighting the town’s diversity initiatives for more than 15 years.
Staff will present Council with the Diversity and Inclusion Current State Inclusivity Report, which highlight’s Oakville’s commitment to promoting a culture of inclusion by providing assessable and equitable programs, services and facilities to residents and employees.
The eight key deliverables to lay the foundation of the town’s first Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility Multi-Year Plan are as follows:
- Policy review to further support inclusion in the workplace and community
- Research best practices and conduct benchmarking
- Build on initiatives already undertaken and recommendations from the 2017 Inclusion Audit
- Survey employees and compare to community demographics
- Establish diversity and inclusion measures
- Facilitate meaningful conversations with community groups and organizations on inclusion in Oakville
- Facilitate community engagement with the entire Oakville community including residents, residents associations and businesses on inclusion in Oakville
- Assess current state and finalize recommendations for a multi-year plan
See here to read the full report.