Oakville Couple Celebrating Big Lottery Win
What a way to end the year.
Christmas came a few days early for one Oakville couple.
Alison and Randy Kayama have been playing the lottery together for many years.
They’ve just collected $1 million with the Lotto Max Maxmillions draw from Dec. 22, 2017.
“This time we purchased a ‘quick pick’ instead of playing our regular numbers," said Alison Kayama as they picked up their winnings at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
They checked their ticket while filling gas.
"After the terminal froze, OLG called and the retailer printed us a slip to show what we won. We were in complete shock,” said Randy Kayama.
The couple headed to a restaurant for dinner and celebration.
"We could barely sleep that night. It still feels like a dream," said Alison Kayama.
They’ve been married for 28 years and have two daughters.
Future plans include playing bills, buying a new vehicle, and a trip to the Bahamas.
"This will be a very relaxing vacation. All stresses are now easier to handle," she said.
The winning ticket was purchased at the lottery booth at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Ford urges anyone from Trinity Bellwoods crowd to get tested for COVID-19
- Police seeking public's assistance in locating dangerous driver in Milton
- Thunderstorm warning in effect for Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 694 total cases found in Halton