Oakville Cyclist Dies After Burlington Crash
A cyclist from Oakville has died from his injuries following a Burlington crash.
The incident took place on May 26 around 7:30 a.m.
First responders were sent to the New St. and Goodram Dr. area for a collision involving nine cyclists.
There were no vehicles involved in the crash.
The group had been travelling westbound on New St. when two cyclists near the front of the pack made contact, say Halton police, resulting in one falling to the ground.
Three other cyclists behind them fell off their bikes, too.
Douglas Carter, 66, of Oakville, was one of them.
Paramedics treated Carter before taking him to a Hamilton hospital where he later died of his injuries.
Carter had been wearing his helmet, say police.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- A New Restaurant and Bar is Now Open in Milton
- Suspect Sought After More Than $700 Worth of Clothing Stolen From Mapleview Centre in Burlington