Oakville Cyclist Dies After Burlington Crash
A cyclist from Oakville has died from his injuries following a Burlington crash.
The incident took place on May 26 around 7:30 a.m.
First responders were sent to the New St. and Goodram Dr. area for a collision involving nine cyclists.
There were no vehicles involved in the crash.
The group had been travelling westbound on New St. when two cyclists near the front of the pack made contact, say Halton police, resulting in one falling to the ground.
Three other cyclists behind them fell off their bikes, too.
Douglas Carter, 66, of Oakville, was one of them.
Paramedics treated Carter before taking him to a Hamilton hospital where he later died of his injuries.
Carter had been wearing his helmet, say police.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville