Oakville firefighter tests positive for COVID-19
An Oakville firefighter has recently tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Oakville Professional Firefighters Association (PFFA).
The association confirmed the diagnosis this afternoon at 3:13 p.m.
“Sad to report one of our fire fighters has tested positive for COVID-19,” the Oakville PFFA wrote on Twitter.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.”
The firefighter in question has not been identified at this time.
The Oakville PFFA says it is working diligently to ensure the safety of its members as it continues to protect the public during the ongoing pandemic.
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- City of Burlington redesigns some services as province eases COVID-19 restrictions
- UPDATE: Oakville Metro location temporarily shut down after fourth employee tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Three Oakville Metro employees test positive in same week
- Ottawa Senators player tests positive for COVID-19
- Second Senators player tests positive for coronavirus
- Here's Where West Nile Virus Has Tested Positive in Halton