Oakville Hosting Open House for Former Hospital Site
Plans to construct a new community centre in southeast Oakville as part of the redevelopment of the former hospital site are moving forward and input is being sought from residents.
Two public consultation sessions are being held at Town Hall on Sept. 28.
Amenities for the centre were approved by council last June and the architectural/general contractor team was selected two months ago.
Feedback is being sought for the conceptual designs for the centre and potential uses for the park.
The sessions are taking place in the Bronte and Palermo rooms from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. or 7 p.m. until 9 p.m.
The project’s open house runs in the south atrium from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Progress continues on the redevelopment plans for the overall site.
Town council endorsed a master plan for the lands three months ago and the demolition contractor mobilized on site and started interior demolition last July.
The overall demolition and remediation is expected to take 12 months.
Moving ahead, a number of Planning Act approvals are necessary in order for the redevelopment of the site to proceed including official plan and zoning amendments, and draft plan of subdivision/site plan approvals.
The public meeting regarding amendments to the town's Official Plan and Zoning By-law is scheduled to go to Planning and Development Council in October.
The development of the community centre will begin in late 2018 with an opening scheduled for fall 2020.
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- UPDATE: Male pronounced dead after driving vehicle into water in Milton
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Redevelopment of Former Hospital Site Project in Oakville Gets Green Light
- Demolition Begins on Former Hospital Site in Oakville
- Plans Roll Ahead for Oakville's Former Hospital Site and Brantwood School
- Plans Move Forward for Oakville's Former Hospital Site and Brantwood School
- Proposed Amendments to Oakville's Plans for Growth Open for Public Review