Oakville is Recognizing International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day
This year, on Nov. 17, Oakville is recognizing International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day.
The town will recognize this day by hosting its own Survivor Day.
Survivor Day is a day where people who have been impacted by suicide loss can gather to find comfort, gain understanding, and share stories of healing and hope.
This event, hosted by Heartache2Hope, will provide healing to support adults who have experience a suicide loss.
“In the interest of creating a safe space for loss survivors, some events are exclusively for survivors of suicide loss,” the event website notes.
“In addition, many events cannot accommodate children and teens. If you have any questions, please contact the event host directly.”
There are Survivor Day events all around the world, but the Oakville event will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. on Nov. 17 and will be held at Shaarei-Beth El Congregation of Halton, 186 Morrison Rd., Oakville.
Dinner will be provided at the event.
There is an attendance fee of $15.
For more information and to register for the event, visit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention website.
Heartache2Hope is an organization that provides healing support to adults who have experienced a suicide loss. The organization offers 12-week support groups, drop-in group meetings, individual support, and community education.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada
- Death of Oakville Couple Ruled Murder-Suicide
- What’s Happening With Tree Loss in Burlington?
- Here’s What We Know About a Major Oakville Event That's Happening This Weekend
- Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Survivors Can Now Get Faster Access to Housing in Halton
- World Famous Event Coming to Burlington Soon