Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) say they have arrested an Oakville man following an investigation into a historical sexual assault.
On Wednesday (August 5) members of the Child Abuse Sexual Assault Unit (C.A.S.A.) arrested Zia Shah (63) of Oakville. He has been charged with one count of sexual assault.
Police say the alleged assault took place in Oakville in 2013. At the time of the offence, Shah was employed as a driving instructor and the 18-year-old victim was his student.
Police say they are concerned there may be additional victims. Shah worked at the Leaders Driving School which was located at 50-A Lakeshore Rd. West in Oakville. Leaders Driving School is no longer in business however police believe Shah may have continued to teach in the Oakville area after its closure.
Anyone with information related to this investigation is encouraged to contact D/Cst. Mark Werner of the Halton Regional Police Service, C.A.S.A. unit at 905-465-8747.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Oakville doctor charged with sexual assault; police believe there are more victims
- Milton Man Arrested in Sexual Assault Investigation
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington