Oakville Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident
An Oakville man is facing charges in connection with an attempted murder incident that took place in Mississauga two years ago.
Peel police say that on Thursday, July 5, 2016, a 27 year-old female victim and the accused became involved in an argument in an apartment building the Dundas Street East and Tomken Road area in Mississauga.
Police say the victim was stabbed over the course of the incident.
Police allege the accused fled the scene and the victim contacted emergency services for assistance. Investigators identified the suspect and a warrant for his arrest was issued.
According to police, the accused had been actively evading police since the incident and fled the country for a period of time.
On Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018, the accused was arrested at a residence in the Town of Oakville.
Police say 33-year-old Oakville man Kemar Erskine has been charged with attempted murder and will appear at in court on Thursday, October 18.
Police say the victim in this incident has since recovered from her injuries.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121 Ext 1233.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- Oakville man charged in massive firearm-related investigation
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder Following Stabbing in Oakville
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Hamilton police identify 14-year-old murder victim
- Attempted Murder Charge Laid in Oakville Stabbing
- Suspect Arrested Following Road Rage Incident in Milton