Oakville man charged; accused of waving a gun from a balcony
An Oakville man is facing several charges after allegedly waving a gun and yelling obscenities from atop a balcony.
Halton Police announced the charges Tuesday (July 14).
On July 13 at approximately 9:44 am, the Halton Regional Police Service responded to the area of Trafalgar Rd and Leighland Ave in Oakville after receiving a call regarding a male who was on his balcony yelling obscenities while armed with a firearm.
Frontline officers, TAC, MCRT and K9, were deployed to the scene.
During negotiations, the male exited the home unharmed and surrendered to the police.
30-year-old Shawn Crawford was charged with uttering threats, causing a disturbance, and possession of weapons dangerous to the public peace.
A police raid then led to the seizure of two “pellet gun-style firearms”.
Crawford was held in custody.
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- At least 2 more vehicles impounded in Halton Police speed blitz
- Police arrest youth who barricaded himself in a home in Oakville
- False fire causes woman to jump from balcony in Oakville; charges laid
- Charges laid on Oakville man who allegedly threatened suicide, leading to police stand-off
- Police apprehend male barricaded inside Oakville home
- Couple facing drug and weapon charges after police raid in Hamilton and Burlington