Oakville Man Charged For Allegedly Driving Wrong Way on Highway
An Oakville man is facing impaired driving charges after allegedly going the wrong way on Hwy. 11 in Oro-Medonte Township early Friday.
Barrie OPP received multiple calls about a 2011 white Audi driving southbound in the northbound lanes between Line 10 and Line 8 at 3:06 a.m.
Officers stopped the Audi near Line 7 and the driver was investigated.
The Audi has been impounded for seven days and the man’s driver's licence is suspended for 90 days.
Harry Cardiakos, 51, is charged with care or control of a motor vehicle while ability impaired by alcohol and having care or control of a motor vehicle while having over 80 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood.
He’s scheduled to appear in Barrie court on July 24.
- Halton Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Pick Pocket Incident in Burlington With Elderly Victim
- This Burlington Gem is Set to Close This Month
- A New Tax is Coming to the Town of Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- This New Restaurant in the GTA May Just be the Next Italian Hot Spot
- Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Man With Suspended Licence Nabbed Driving Stolen Car in Milton
- Halton Hills Transport Truck Driver Accused of Impaired Driving
- Driver Charged For Drinking and Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton