Oakville Man Charged For Allegedly Driving Wrong Way on Highway
An Oakville man is facing impaired driving charges after allegedly going the wrong way on Hwy. 11 in Oro-Medonte Township early Friday.
Barrie OPP received multiple calls about a 2011 white Audi driving southbound in the northbound lanes between Line 10 and Line 8 at 3:06 a.m.
Officers stopped the Audi near Line 7 and the driver was investigated.
The Audi has been impounded for seven days and the man’s driver’s licence is suspended for 90 days.
Harry Cardiakos, 51, is charged with care or control of a motor vehicle while ability impaired by alcohol and having care or control of a motor vehicle while having over 80 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood.
He’s scheduled to appear in Barrie court on July 24.
- Here's what you need to earn to 'live' in Halton
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Ontario government passes bill to limit public wages
- 'Over 400 crashes in 24 hrs' reported by OPP during snowfall
- Burlington, Milton, Oakville hit with extreme cold Wednesday
- Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Halton Hills Transport Truck Driver Accused of Impaired Driving
- Man With Suspended Licence Nabbed Driving Stolen Car in Milton
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver's Vehicle Destroyed in Halton Hills