PHOTOS: Oakville Man Charged in Armed Robbery Using Homemade Gun
An Oakville man is facing several charges following an armed robbery in Bronte using a homemade gun.
Halton police were sent to the Piggy Mart convenience store on Nov. 28 at 7:35 p.m.
That’s at 2290 Lakeshore Rd. W., in the McDonald’s plaza.
The suspect held up the store, smashing security cameras in the process.
He was arrested by officers as he tried to flee the store.
The suspect was found with a loaded homemade gun, police allege, adding it’s designed to fire a 12 gauge shotgun shell.
In addition, the suspect is accused of carrying a conducted energy weapon - commonly known as a Taser - disguised as a flashlight, and 12 more shotgun shells.
Police allege the same man smashed the front passenger window of a vehicle and stole documents before holding up the nearby convenience store.
Ronald Marwick, 30, is charged with robbery using a firearm, possession of a prohibited firearm, unauthorized possession of a weapon, possession of prohibited or restricted ammunition, and two counts of mischief under $5,000.
He was transported to the Oakville police station where he was held pending a bail hearing.
All property linked to these offences was recovered, say police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det. Ron Strauch of the 2 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2255.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
Photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
- Heavy snow warning issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- Tracks between Aldershot GO Station and Hamilton GO Station shut down due to protests
- New blockade suspends GO Train service west of Toronto
- All Canadians evacuated from Wuhan released from quarantine at CFB Trenton
- Four Teens Charged in Oakville Armed Robbery
- Two Youths Arrested Following Convenience Store Robbery in Burlington
- UPDATED: One Suspect Charged, Two Outstanding in Oakville Robbery
- Four Youths Arrested After Armed Robbery at Burlington Convenience Store
- Halton Police Nab Boys in Alleged Robbery Spree