Oakville Man Dead After Driving Vehicle into Ditch
A fatality has been reported after a crash Friday evening in Oakville.
On March 22, police say a 50 year old Oakville man was travelling southbound on Regional Road 25 at Lower Base Line when his pickup truck went off the road and ended up in the ditch.
“At approximately 8:15 PM, police stopped to check on the vehicle and discovered the unresponsive driver,” police say.
An off-duty nurse also stopped and commenced CPR on the victim.
He was taken by ambulance to Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Due to the nature of this incident, Halton Police’s Collision Reconstruction Unit has taken over the investigation.
All road closures related to this crash have since ended.
“Your patience and cooperation in this matter are greatly appreciated,” say police.
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- Cineplex CEO Stands By Decision To Screen Pro-Life Film 'Unplanned'
- Metrolinx Working to Improve the Commute for Some Halton Residents
- Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
- This Pub is Now Open in Burlington
- UPDATE: Driver Seriously Injured After Driving into Ditch in Oakville
- Milton Man Dead After Fatal Crash in Oakville
- Police Investigating After Tow Truck Rear-Ended in Oakville
- Police Warning of Road Closure Due to Vehicle in Ditch in Milton
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Fatal Motorcycle Collision in Oakville