Oakville Man Dead After Driving Vehicle into Ditch
A fatality has been reported after a crash Friday evening in Oakville.
On March 22, police say a 50 year old Oakville man was travelling southbound on Regional Road 25 at Lower Base Line when his pickup truck went off the road and ended up in the ditch.
“At approximately 8:15 PM, police stopped to check on the vehicle and discovered the unresponsive driver,” police say.
An off-duty nurse also stopped and commenced CPR on the victim.
He was taken by ambulance to Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Due to the nature of this incident, Halton Police's Collision Reconstruction Unit has taken over the investigation.
All road closures related to this crash have since ended.
“Your patience and cooperation in this matter are greatly appreciated,” say police.
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- UPDATE: Driver Seriously Injured After Driving into Ditch in Oakville
- Milton Man Dead After Fatal Crash in Oakville
- Police Warning of Road Closure Due to Vehicle in Ditch in Milton
- Vehicle in Ditch After Rollover in Oakville
- ROAD CLOSURES: Halton Police on Scene Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Collision in Halton Hills