Oakville Man Struck, Killed by GO Train: Police
An Oakville man was struck and killed by a GO train on Thursday morning, say Halton police, but the circumstances surrounding the death aren’t suspicious.
The incident took place at 7:40 a.m. on the railroad tracks at Burloak Dr. south of Wyecroft Rd.
The man was hit by an eastbound train at a level crossing with the gates down.
His name isn’t being released by police.
The incident halted two trains full of people, delaying thousands of commuters who take the GO.
This is the first train-related death in Halton in 2017.
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington
- Police ID Man Struck and Killed by GO Train in Milton
- Man Struck and Killed by GO Train in Oakville
- Police Looking to ID Man Struck and Killed by GO Train in Milton
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville
- GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington Halted After Person Struck and Killed