Oakville Men Win Incredible Lotto Jackpot
They’ve been friends for 15 years.
Now, they’re entering 2018 with #winning crossed off their to-do lists.
A pair of Oakville men are $17 million richer following the Dec. 23, 2017 LOTTO 6/49 draw.
Kevin McMurray and Scott Stoll are celebrating a $17,281,744.20 jackpot win.
"We've been playing the lottery together for about three years," said McMurray while they were at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto picking up their winnings.
“When I went to the retailer to check our ticket the machine froze and OLG called. I thought we'd won $17,000 and that was great,” he said.
But when he looked closer, he realized the slip read $17 million.
“I immediately thought something was wrong."
McMurray spoke with OLG and had confirmation that he held a jackpot winning ticket.
He says he couldn't wait to share the news with Stoll.
"When Kevin first called, I thought he was joking with me,” said Stoll.
“He sent me a picture of the validation slip to prove it but even now I am still in shock and disbelief."
McMurray, 53, and Stoll, 52, are both married and each have two daughters.
They have similar plans in mind for their winnings - making sure their children are taken care of and helping family.
They said they haven't had time to think about other plans yet and are just going to enjoy the moment.
The winning ticket was purchased at Mac's on Sixth Line in Oakville.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- WATCH: Stunt drivers and street racers 'hijack' roads and parking lots; Oakville man charged
- Police searching for woman last seen in Oakville area
- Toronto police officer and Halton resident arrested for sexual assault
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic: May 29
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30