Oakville Ranked Best Place to Raise Kids in Ontario
You knew this from time (as in, when you left the loveliness of Leslieville for the suburbs) but Oakville is officially the best place to raise kids in Ontario.
So says MoneySense Magazine.
It’s also been ranked the fourth-best place to live in Ontario.
But back to the children.
Oakville ranked first in the province and seventh nationwide — Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Que. came in first overall. Ottawa placed eight, with Halton Hills making an national appearance at number 19, followed by Burlington in 20th place).
Mayor Rob Burton tweeted his pleasure, saying “Oakville has been named Ontario’s Best Place to Raise Kids again. What better way to celebrate than at the Oakville Children’s Festival?”
Roughly 66 per cent of households in Oakville include children, according to the magazine.
This is the 14th edition of MoneySense’s Best Places to Live. It's a comprehensive data-driven snapshot of Canadian cities and towns, ranking 417 cities in 2017, which is nearly double the number of communities looked at last year.
The 2017 report captures cities as small as 9,000 residents.
Well done, Oakville!
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
- Police Investigating Alleged Assault at Walmart in Milton
- Halton Ranked an Amazing Place to Live
- Here's Where Halton Cities Rank Amongst the Best Places to Live in Ontario
- Popular Magazine Gives Oakville Very Prestigious Honour
- Is Halton Ranked One of Ontario's Most Expensive Areas for Car Insurance?
- Oakville and Burlington Ranked Among Canada's Most Open Cities