Oakville Ranked Best Place to Raise Kids in Ontario
You knew this from time (as in, when you left the loveliness of Leslieville for the suburbs) but Oakville is officially the best place to raise kids in Ontario.
So says MoneySense Magazine.
It’s also been ranked the fourth-best place to live in Ontario.
But back to the children.
Oakville ranked first in the province and seventh nationwide — Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Que. came in first overall. Ottawa placed eight, with Halton Hills making an national appearance at number 19, followed by Burlington in 20th place).
Mayor Rob Burton tweeted his pleasure, saying “Oakville has been named Ontario’s Best Place to Raise Kids again. What better way to celebrate than at the Oakville Children’s Festival?”
Roughly 66 per cent of households in Oakville include children, according to the magazine.
This is the 14th edition of MoneySense’s Best Places to Live. It's a comprehensive data-driven snapshot of Canadian cities and towns, ranking 417 cities in 2017, which is nearly double the number of communities looked at last year.
The 2017 report captures cities as small as 9,000 residents.
Well done, Oakville!
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- Halton Ranked an Amazing Place to Live
- Here's Where Halton Cities Rank Amongst the Best Places to Live in Ontario
- Popular Magazine Gives Oakville Very Prestigious Honour
- Is Halton Ranked One of Ontario's Most Expensive Areas for Car Insurance?
- Oakville and Burlington Ranked Among Canada's Most Open Cities