Oakville Teacher Arrested for Child Pornography Offences
An Oakville teacher has been arrested in connection with child pornography offences, according to police.
Following an investigation by the Halton Regional Police Service - Internet Child Exploitation Unit, Christopher Rollo, 52, of Burlington was arrested and charged with two counts of luring a child aia a computer, possession of child pornography and personation with intent.
The victims were between 12 and 15 years of age, according to police.
Investigators allege that the accused was communicating with the victims online through Facebook, Instagram, and Omegle, using the name Cody Clarke and @clarkie1833.
He was held pending a bail hearing.
The accused, who is currently employed by the Halton District School Baord as an elementary teacher at Joshua Creek PS in Oakville, was previously a hockey coach with the Burlington Girls Hockey Club, Burlington City Rep Hockey Club, and the Flamborough Girls Hockey Club, according to police.
Anyone with additional information has been asked to call D/Sgt Chris Newcombe at 905 - 465 - 8965 or Det. Todd Martin at 905 - 465 - 8983 of the Halton Regional Police Service Internet Child Exploitation Unit.
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Interactive map shows how you can support Halton farmers
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton