Oakville Teen Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed on QEW
An Oakville driver - with a G2 licence - is facing a stunt driving charge after a car was clocked at a ridiculous speed along the QEW.
The traffic stop took place along the westbound QEW, west of Dorval Dr., on March 19 at 2 a.m.
That's when the teen was allegedly clocked at 206 km/hr.
The car, driven by a 19-year-old man, was going “far in excess of what’s acceptable on our highways,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
His car was impounded for seven days.
The teen also received an automatic seven-day licence suspension.
Penalties for stunt driving can go up to $10,000.
“That kind of activity is unacceptable,” said Schmidt.
The driver’s name hasn’t been released.
Photos courtesy of OPP
- Teen Charged For Driving at Outrageous Speed on QEW in Oakville
- Driver Charged For Drinking and Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
- PHOTOS: Oakville Driver Charged with Stunt Driving
- Teen Caught Driving Mom's Car at Ridiculous Speed in Milton