Oakville Teen Wins Championship at Augusta National Golf Club
A young Oakville resident has much to be proud of after a recent golf victory on Sunday, April 7.
15 year old Nicole Gal was congratulated by Golf Canada for taking the Drive, Chip and Putt championship at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
“Gal, 15, won the Girls' 14-15 age division by a one-point margin, finishing with 23 points total to edge out the competition,” Golf Canada reports.
Gal got 9 out of a possible 10 points in the putting portion, as well as eight points in chipping and six in driving.
Leaderboard image via drivechipandputt.com
“This is the third Drive, Chip and Putt title for Canada--Vanessa Borovilos won her division in 2018 and Savannah Grewal captured Canada's first title in 2017.”
In an interview posted to Golf Canada’s Twitter, Gal attributes her success to the putting stroke taught to her by her coach, as well as her lucky charm of painting her fingernails yellow for each game.
She was joined by four other Canadians on the grounds at Augusta: Vanessa Borovilos from Toronto, Carter Lavigne from Moncton, New Brunswick, Andy Mac from Candiac, Quebec, and Anna Huang from Vancouver, BC.
Congratulations to Gal for her impressive victory!
Cover photo via augusta.com
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- This Huge Golf Event is Coming to Milton
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- Top 5 Mini-Golf Courses to Try Outside of Halton This Summer
- The New Year Brings New Updates for the Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville
- Changes are Coming to Burlington’s Tyandaga Golf Course