Oakville Woman Charged in Death of Child
An Oakville woman is being charged in connection with the death of her nine-year-old child.
The suspect was arrested on Thursday (May 24), say Halton police.
Officers were sent to an Oakville home on Sept. 4, 2017, for a report of a dead child.
Following a coroner’s probe, an “extensive and lengthy investigation” by the homicide unit resulted in charges being laid against the child’s mother, police say.
Meredith Lis, 42, is charged with failure to provide the necessaries of life.
She’s scheduled to appear in Milton court on June 19.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans