Oakville Woman Charged With Sex Assault
Halton police have charged an Oakville tutor with sex assault.
Police allege that the offences took place between May and June 2018.
The accused “is a private home tutor in the Town of Oakville and is also contracted by “Beyond the Classroom”,” reads a news release issued on June 6.
“She is currently employed by the District School Board of Niagara as a secondary school supply teacher. Additionally, the accused is employed at Appleby College in Oakville as a camp counsellor. The charges laid to date are related only to the accused’s role as a private home tutor.”
According to police, Danielle Speck, 24, of Oakville, was arrested on June 5, 2018, and charged with two counts of sexual assault and two counts of sexual interference.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact D/Sgt Chris Newcombe 905-465-8965 or D/Cst. Dan Matthews of the Halton Regional Police Service Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit at 905-465-8973.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- New Italian Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- 15-Year-Old Boy Caught Riding Mini-Motorcycle on Sidewalk in Burlington
- Here's How the Canadian Government Plans to Support New and Future Retirees
- Here’s What’s Happening with Burlington’s Waterfront Park
- Suspects Sought After Electronics Stolen From Milton Store
- Georgetown Music Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Oakville