Oakville's First of Its Kind Restaurant Opens
It’s modern, it’s French, and its name brings to mind your high school geometry lessons — but this new Oakville restaurant is anything but boring.
Lunch and dinner are being served - starting today, officially - at Hexagon Restaurant in downtown Oakville from Tuesday to Saturday.
“It’s like a modern French tasting menu,” said executive chef Sean MacDonald.
“We’re all about the experience.”
The resto is owned by the same folks at 7 Enoteca.
Gourmet plates include the octopus pictured at the top.
Lunch is served bistro-style, with five a la carte options including steak frites and French onion soup.
Dinner, though, is another story.
You can choose between four or nine courses.
“We can pump you out in an hour or you can sit for two hours, depending on how long you want to wait,” said MacDonald.
Options such as lobster with a Thai influence are on the menu, plus scallops, beef, bone marrow, and truffle.
MacDonald says his favourite dish is The Pinata.
“It’s a play on like, a creme brulee, but it’s also got a Mexican flair to it,” he said, adding he’s brought in a chef from Mexico.
We can tell you it involves using your knife and includes nuts and bananas.
Then there’s a dish with smoked eggplant, fermented onion, egg yolk, cured lemon and bitter greens.
Other delights include Foie Birthday Cake featuring foie mousse, pickled blueberry mirror glaze, chestnut cremeux, and macerated poppy seeds served with a blueberry bagel.
To match the menu, the decor pays homage to France, the hexagon-shaped country.
Hexagon is bright, airy, and oozes sophistication.
(It sounds perfect for date night, a special birthday, or a girls’ night in which you can woo your besties who refuse to venture west of Bathurst St.)
Although summer has officially ended, the Raspberry and Tonka Bean Creamsicle sounds like something worth devouring.
The resto has plenty of booths, bottles, and is sure to attract a bevy of O-Town’s finest.
From what we’ve seen so far, their plating is 100 and so is their social media.
Photos courtesy of Hexagon Restaurant
210 Lakeshore Rd. E., Oakville , Ontario
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Will COVID-19 affect Halton house prices?
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- Top 5 Biggest Restaurant Openings of 2017 in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Dinner is Now On the Menu at This Popular Oakville Restaurant
- This Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant is Now Open in Oakville
- Best Date Night Restaurant Battle: Oakville vs. Mississauga
- Interesting New Restaurant Now Open in Downtown Oakville