UPDATED: One Dead, One Injured in Falling Tree Incident in Milton
One person has been pronounced dead following a fatal incident in Milton.
Halton Police said around 5:30 p.m. that officers were in the area of Fourth Line Nassagaweya and No. 20 Side Road for a fatality investigation involving fallen trees and a contracting crew.
At 6:42 p.m., Milton Hydro confirmed that a young forestry worker who was helping clear trees from power lines was killed when a large tree fell on him.
The second victim in the incident suffered life threatening injuries and was taken to hospital, police say.
It is with a heavy heart that we report while working to help clear trees from our power lines, a young forestry worker was just killed when a large tree fell on him. We offer our deepest condolences to Miller Tree and family.— Milton Hydro (@MiltonHydro) May 4, 2018
Residents should avoid the area.
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Drowning Incident in Burlington
- Road Closed Following Collision in Oakville
- Here's Where Halton's Hospitals Rank on the List of Best Hospitals in Canada
- Here’s How Many People will be Living in Halton by 2041
- New Breakfast Options Now Available for Some Airline Passengers