One Dead, One Seriously Injured After Vehicle Drives on Sidewalk in Burlington
Several people have been hospitalized after a vehicle went out of control this morning in Burlington.
Police got a call at 10:05 a.m. for a vehicle driving erratically on Fairview Street.
The vehicle went off the roadway and onto the sidewalk, striking a male pedestrian.
Police say the vehicle continued onwards, hitting a female in the area of Chaps Restaurant on Fairview before eventually colliding with the restaurant’s patio.
The female victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The male victim, around 19 years old, was seriously injured and taken via helicopter to Hamilton General Hospital in life threatening condition. Police say the victim’s leg was amputated below the knee.
The driver, a male in his 70s, was also taken to Hamilton General Hospital with medical issues.
Fairview is currently closed between Woodview Rd and Commerce Ct.
Halton police’s Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating.
Police have identified the driver and both victims as all being Burlington residents.
The female victim is 58. Police are attempting to notify next of kin.
The male victim remains in serious condition and is accompanied by his family at the hospital.
Police say the driver, 73, is in stable condition. His family has been notified.
It’s believed that the driver may have had a medical issue while driving, which may have lead to the collision. The investigation is ongoing.
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery in Burlington
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Nov. 10 – Nov. 16
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Victim in Fatal Burlington Crash Identified by Police
- Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover in Milton
- Driver Flees After Striking Police Vehicle in Burlington