One Male in Custody After Terrorizing Family in Oakville
One male is in custody after an incident occurred at an Oakville residence.
The Halton Regional Police Service was called to a residence on Tansley Drive, in Oakville yesterday, Dec. 11, at around 10:55 p.m.
Police say, an occupant inside the house reported that a male party, also inside the house, was despondent and harming himself with a knife.
After arriving at the residence police began negotiating with the male and taking steps to ensure the safety of the other residents inside.
Police say the male’s behavior escalated.
The male refused police requests to disarm himself, threatened officers, and asked police to end his life.
The Halton Regional Police Service Tactical Unit and a Tactical Commander attended the scene in addition to Police Negotiators, Canine Units and Halton Paramedics.
Police continued to communicate with the distressed male and were able to safely evacuate the other residents.
Negotiations continued with the 37-year-old male for over two hours before police were able to safely take the male into custody.
An investigation is ongoing at this time.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Police seeking witnesses in attempted theft in Milton
- Opinion: Ford government exposes animals to more abuse
- Police searching for missing Burlington man with medical conditions
- Karahi Point, Pioneer of Traditional Karahi in Canada, Opens New Restaurant
- Oakville Carjacking Ends With One Male in Police Custody
- Police Investigating Reports of Male with Firearm in Milton
- Police Searching for Missing Burlington Male
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington