One Male in Custody Following Vehicle Crime Spree Throughout Halton
One male is currently in custody following a vehicle crime spree that took place throughout the Halton Region.
Earlier today, Dec. 14, at approximately 9:00 a.m. the Halton Regional Police Service was called to a fail to remain collision that occurred at a gas station in Oakville.
A male suspect, according to police, fled the scene in a Blue Honda CRV that had been reported stolen from the City of Brantford.
The suspect, police say, then drove to Milton where he tried to steal a vehicle from a male driver at Ontario and Main Street.
After unsuccessfully attempting to steal this vehicle, the suspect proceeded to drive dangerously from the scene after police tried to pull his stolen vehicle over.
The suspect entered the City of Burlington in the stolen vehicle where he attempted to steal another vehicle from a female driver in the area of Tremaine Road and Dundas Street.
After quick altercation with female, the suspect fled again before attempting to steal two more vehicles from drivers in two different parking lots in the city.
After unsuccessful attempts at stealing these vehicles, the suspect successfully stole a 26-foot-Ryder moving truck from an address on Creek Way in Burlington. An employee was in the rear of the truck at the time it was stolen. The employee jumped out of the rear of the truck and was not harmed.
According to police, the suspect proceeded to knock down a moving company employee in order to drive away in the stolen truck.
The suspect continued to drive dangerously in the stolen truck onto the QEW before heading north throughout Burlington with the ramp of the moving truck dragging along the roadway.
After a short pursuit, the suspect eventually stopped in a plaza on the southwest corner of Walkers Line and Dundas Street where he was arrested without incident.
William James Pelton (31) of Paris, Ontario was arrested and held for bail charged with the following alleged offences: two counts of robbery, two counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, fail to stop at the scene of accident, three counts of attempt theft of motor vehicle, possession of stolen property, and mischief under $5,000.
Police were able to recover the stolen blue 2007 Honda CRV 4-door SUV.
Police are still looking for witnesses.
Anyone who may have any further information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Jared McLeod of the HRPS Burlington Criminal Investigation Bureau - 905-825-4747 ext. 2385.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Burlington man charged with trafficking crack cocaine
- Here's what you need to earn to 'live' in Halton
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Don Cherry appears on Fox News to speak out against his firing
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Halton
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Suspect Arrested in Burlington Following Pursuit and Robbery Attempts
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Suspect Charged Following Series of Vehicle Entries in Oakville