One Ontario case of coronavirus resolved: chief medical officer
Ontario's chief medical officer of health says the province has resolved a case of the novel coronavirus for the first time.
Dr. David Williams said the patient tested negative for the virus two times in 24 hours and is no longer considered infectious.
The patient was in London, Ont., and had been the province's third and latest confirmed case of coronavirus.
Two other people with the virus are doing well enough to be out of hospital.
Williams said the risk for Ontarians contracting the coronavirus remains low.
Several hundred Canadians are still under quarantine in Trenton, Ont., after returning from the central Chinese city where the virus originated, and more than 200 are quarantined on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton