One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash Near Oakville Border
One person has died following an early morning multi-vehicle collision that sent six other people to hospital, Peel paramedics say.
Peel paramedics superintendent Steve Walker says that paramedics were called to the scene of the incident, which took place on the westbound 403 between Winston Churchill Blvd. and the 407, after 6:00 a.m.
Walker said there were six ambulances to the area, and that five patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene.
Walker said another person involved in the incident refused to be transported to hospital.
As of 6:40 a.m., the stretch of highway between the Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga and the 407 in Oakville is closed. OPP says there is no access to the westbound 403 from Winston Churchill Blvd.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash Near Oakville Border
- One Person Transported To The Hospital After Collision In Burlington
- Woman Dead After Highway Collision at Oakville Border
- UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Five-Vehicle QEW Crash in Oakville Sends One Person to Hospital